Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blogs that you should check out

There are a couple of blogs that I have really enjoyed reading during this project. While I feel that you should read up on as many of these blogs as you can, I feel that there are three in particular that should be at the top of your list.

I always enjoy reading the blog "Marriage: The Sex Is Always the Same." I like this post because of the author's ability to mix humor and serious issues together in a very comfortable laid back style. The title in and of itself is a great representation of the blog. It mirrors the witty humor that the blog is composed of. The author does a good job of making good points, but not in a heaving daunting way; everything seems very self-explanatory and simple.

The blog "Save or Destroy ANWR" is another blog that I enjoy to read. The creator of this blog has done a great job of making herself knowledgeable on the subject matter at hand. Her arguments are always sound and well thought out. She is extremely bright when it comes to her argumentation, which she repeatedly exemplifies in her comment sections. After reading her posts, I always come away feeling like I know something that I did not know prior to reading it. She also does a good job with actual presentation of the blog. It's strong black background juxtaposed to it's picture of Alaska help create the mood that she needs to help bring people to her side of the issue.

I also have enjoyed my time reading the blog "This is why WE hot...global warming." This blog takes an interesting approach to disseminate information about global warming. From the author's title, one can see that the blog is going to be different. The author wittily based the title of her blog on the title of a popular rap song. In most blogs about global warming, you would expect to find a black or other loud background with information to match. In this blog, the author has used a pink background with information to match. One of her goals in creating this blog was to relate her love of fashion to global warming, an approach that I had never seen or heard of before. Through the avenues she goes through to reach her audience, she is able to successfully create an interesting blog that is enjoyable to read.

No comments: